Saturday, June 18, 2016

Day 101 Dropping 100 | Stay Positive

"A joyful life of grace toward others grows best in the soil of gratitude" ~ author unknown.  I wrote this down from some where I read or someone I heard.  I can't remember.  This is not mine, but is beautiful regardless of who shares it with you.

There is a lot of hate out in the world, evidence of the tragic events that happen in Orlando this past week.  My heart goes out to the families and friends who lost someone. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

The life style change component is very crucial to glue the nutrition and exercise components of my weight loss plan together.  An act of kindness is a key focus we all should have, not only to give of yourself to others, expecting nothing in return, but to promote kindness in the world.  It is our job to make this a better place the short while we are on this earth.  A great football coach and friend once said, "You are never more noble than when you conduct an act of kindness" ~ Bill Curry. So let's be noble.

Here is my effort from a recent workout: CrossFit Open WOD 11.3, which is a 5:00 AMRAP of 165# Squat Cleans and Jerk.  Each of the two movements are scored individually as reps.  My score was 30.  Give this a try and see how many you get. Oh, and I haven't been ale to fit in that weight belt for 3+ years!  It was such a victory just to be able to wear it again.  I still have a long way to go.  Enjoy.


I am very grateful for you following me, supporting me, and inspiring me along this weight loss journey, this fight to gain my health back, this road to fitness.  So thank you and remember to be kind and help make our world a better place.  God is good to us and he his all around us and in our world, so seek His goodness and may He be with you and all those who lost someone this past week due to the tragedies in Florida.  Remember to be better today than you were yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. Very well said. Thank you for sharing such a positive message. There needs to be more messages like this going out amidst all the other negativity and cynicism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cleo@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete