Friday, April 15, 2016

Day 39 Dropping 100 | Fresh N Fit Friday

I start my next 30 days of #pjdropping100 this week. Yay!  Although the Healthy Mix plan was awesome and served me well, losing 40.2 pounds in 30 days, I'm going with the Low Carb Meal Plan for the next 30 days after consulting with the Dietician.  I started back exercising after recovering from being under the weather.  My www.CrossFitFayette.com WOD this morning had a strength component and a metcon (short for metabolic conditioning).  After three (3) sets of five (5) reps of FRONT SQUATS at 65%, 75%, and 85% of 90% of my 1RM we jumped into the metcon.  The seven (7) minute AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) metcon was a task workout, where you had to execute two movements with an ascending rep scheme that takes you through the pain cave! The movements were THRUSTERS (which is a front squat that extends to an overhead press) 

and CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS (instead of pulling your chin over the bar, you pull further until anywhere below the collar bone of your chest touches the bar) starting with three (3) reps each, then increasing by three (3) each round, so 3, 6, 9, 12, etc. of each until seven (7) minutes is up.  The load on the bar bell for the thrusters was 100 pounds.  I was happy to have completed four (4) rounds (the round of 12 reps, so 60 total reps for me).  I scaled the workout a little to match my current ability, so I did jumping chest to bar pull-ups and the 100 pound thrusters.  That's what scaling is for, to keep you safe, so you can work smart and hard. The jumping chest to bar pull-ups were harder then I thought they would be, but they were fun!

NUTRITION - Fresh N Fit's Low Carb 1800 calorie (Beast Mode) meal plan, plus 3 x 400 Calorie healthy snacks each day!
EXERCISE - Walk 10K a Day, plus three @CrossFitFayette WOD's per week!
LIFE STYLE - Drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces of H2O and read 10 minutes daily!

My Favorite Meal Award for this week, goes to......Fresh N Fit Cuisine's White Chicken Chili lunch I had today from the LOW CARB 1800 calorie (Beast Mode) meal plan!  It was awesome, and healthy.  I still can't get over the fact that I'm losing weight on food that tastes so good.

Low Carb

White Chicken Chili

White Chicken Chili Made with Jalapeno Peppers, Onions, Cilantro and Coriander. Topped with Tortilla Strips. Served with Salsa Verde and Low Fat Sour Cream.

Nutritional Info

1200180012001800
Kcal (kcal)402580Sodium (mg)432595
Protein (g)4965Cholesterol (mg)121158
Carb (g)2029Fiber (g)34
Fat (g)1119Sugar (g)68
Sat Fat (g)47Weight Watchers (points)914

Great job all of you out there doing something about your health.  I'm proud of you.  Stay focused and remember to be #betterthanyesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment